Quantis seeks a self-motivated, proactive, team-oriented administrative assistant to assist our growing US team. This role will start as a half-time role (20 hours per week), working with and supporting our Manager of Finance and Administration (MFA) in supporting the administrative needs of the Quantis US team. The role is anticipated to increase to a full-time role over the next 1-3 years as our team and the needs of the role grow. The position will be based in our office in Boston, MA.
This is an ideal role for either an administrative professional with 2-3 years of experience who is seeking to gain more experience in a dynamic, mission-driven, entrepreneurial, fast-growth organization, or for a more experienced administrative professional who enjoys this type of environment and is seeking the flexibility of a half-time schedule.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a combination of outstanding self-motivation, proactivity, team-and service-orientation, organizational and administrative skills. A basic understanding of fundamental bookkeeping and accounting skills is also a plus.
Quantis offers a unique work environment: a company with a mission to help attain a more sustainable world through helping businesses to better understand and reduce their environmental impacts, as part of a highly collaborative, empowered, and energetic team.
> Are you motivated by helping companies achieve their sustainability objectives?
> Are you a team-oriented, service-oriented professional who gets excited about supporting your peers?
> Do you want to put your skills to work for a sustainable future?
If yes, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity at Quantis!
The responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant will vary from week to week based on the needs and priorities of the business and team, and will include a combination of the following:
General administrative support:
- Maintaining electronic and paper files; electronic & paper mail.
- Managing documentation for new hires and existing team members (benefits forms, etc.)
- Assisting with travel arrangements for Quantis team, office visitors (clients, candidates, etc.)
- Assisting with organization of team events (in-office, off-site events, etc.)
- Engaging with office-related vendors (utilities, maintenance, etc.)
- Leading team in maintaining clean & organized office – coordinating with office cleaning contractor, coordinating shared team responsibilities (office plant care & general upkeep).
Operations administrative support:
- Managing documentation to support client project initiation, management, and completion; supporting MFA, Director, and others in tracking of business key business metrics.
- Supporting MFA and team operations lead with as-needed data tracking and data management requests.
Financial administrative support:
- Managing vendor bills, inquiries/issues, payments, paperwork (W-9s, 1099s, etc.)
- Managing team member tracking & documentation of expenses; support expense reporting.
- Supporting MFA in insurance & benefits paperwork (enrollment & status change forms, reviewing bills, related support).
- Learning from MFA and serving as backup for monthly internal financial metrics reporting.
- Supporting MFA if/as needed on bookkeeping and accounting.
Marketing administrative support:
- Assisting marketing lead and team members with event registrations, travel/lodging, Quantis event logistics, promotional materials, ad-hoc support.
- Assisting with logistics of projects with local printers (marketing materials, business card (re)orders, etc.)
Skills + Experience
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have the following skills and/or experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in an administrative support role.
- An associate’s degree or similar business administrative experience required; bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field is a plus.
- A high degree of self-motivation, team-orientation, and passion for supporting others in the achievement of team and individual goals.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Clear and succinct communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite is required (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); strong working knowledge of applications such as Google Suite, QuickBooks, Salesforce, Asana, GoToMeeting Plus, AceProject is a plus.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality aligned with Quantis’ values and spirit.
- A basic understanding of fundamental bookkeeping and accounting skills is also a plus, as is basic understanding of financial concepts (profit & loss, cash flow statements, balance sheet, etc.).
- Location: Boston, MA
- Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation + Benefits
Quantis offers competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision and other insurances as well as a retirement savings plan and generous and flexible vacation time. Quantis offers a flexible, team-oriented work environment. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what make us exceptional, check out our “Quantis has talent!” video. Curious about our unique non-hierarchical company culture? GreenBiz was too! Check out their interview with our CEO.
Quantis guides top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. In a nutshell, our ‘creative geeks’ take the latest science and make it actionable. They deliver resilient sustainability strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications.
With offices in the US, France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Colombia, Quantis counts more than 90 colleagues across these quickly expanding markets. Quantis works with sustainability leaders such as Nestlé, Danone, IKEA, Starbucks, Kraft, Mars, Mondelez, L’Oréal, as well as sporting events such as the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
(re)discover Quantis at www.quantis-intl.com