Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 160+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
Climate change is the biggest challenge our world faces right now. As Quantis' Carbon Insetting/Offsetting (Climate Finance) Lead, you will be accountable for the group’s excellence in this field area and ensure we support our client transition towards sustainability. We’re looking for a candidate with experience in insetting and offsetting markets, expert knowledge around the mechanisms of carbon credits and climate finance accounting and a solid network in the field.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and strategy skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been sharpening your strategy skills and technical expertise in the climate finance (carbon credits) field and have demonstrated experience of developing a new positioning.
- You have expert knowledge of the Climate Finance market (both insetting and offsetting), a deep understanding of how it works and its limitations and strengths both from a business and scientific standpoint.
- You have a great network in the climate finance space that you will be able to activate to make a thorough market assessment.
- You’re an entrepreneurial and motivated sustainability professional and a strategic thinker looking for a big opportunity to work with sustainability leaders and experts.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based climate strategy.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: development/implementing the positioning and service offering for the group, train the Climate Strategy team to acquire new skills and providing expertise to the various branches to acquire and develop new accounts and effectively sell and deliver Quantis’ climate finance offering, ensuring the timely delivery of the related projects.
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- You have business acumen and a consultative approach working with clients.
- You have a Master’s degree in business or science
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent English, and preferably, in French as well.
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have demonstrated high levels of peer leadership and teamwork, interpersonal skills, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
As our Carbon Insetting/Offsetting Lead, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Develop the group positioning with the Global Head of Climate Strategy, through market trends assessment and connection with other services, sectors, innovation & science to develop and align our service offerings with both science and our clients needs
- Serve as subject matter expert supporting branches in successfully selling and delivering on climate finance and neutrality related projects and client meetings.
- Training: as subject matter expert, develop materials to train the climate strategy teams in details on climate finance, and train the more global teams on the high level notions of the market; participate in relevant internal discussions and guiding project teams.
- Thought Leadership: develop and share Quantis’ thought leadership on climate finance related topics; continuously improve and expand Quantis’ development and implementation in the climate finance area through the development of external thought leadership pieces and of a robust and scientifically credible network
- Maintain and improve Quantis’ ability to market and sell the strategic offering, identify needs and implement actions to revise or expand on the deliverables or market positioning of the strategic offering, including relevant new innovations.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Paris (other Quantis locations can be considered)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston/Portland, Lausanne/Zurich, Berlin and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel in Europe and potentially though rarely in the US
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.