Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 240+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As Quantis Switzerland Climate Risk Expert, you will be accountable for the branch’s excellence in this field and ensure we support our clients’ transition towards sustainability.
In this role as Quantis Climate Risk Expert for the Swiss branch, you will be expected to provide expertise and high quality deliverables to our corporate clients in regard to climate-related risk and opportunities assessment and TCFD reporting.
Climate change is the biggest challenge our world faces right now. As Quantis Switzerland Climate Risk Expert, you will be accountable for the branch’s excellence in this field and ensure we support our clients’ transition towards sustainability. We’re looking for a candidate with experience conducting corporate climate-related risk and opportunity assessments.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and strategy skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You have a 10+ years work experience in consulting, sustainability, strategy or climate strategy. For 3+ years, you have been sharpening your strategy skills and technical expertise in the field of climate risks and opportunities, the TCFD framework and its applicability to business.
- You have demonstrated experience assessing corporate climate risks (physical and transitional) and opportunities, conducting scenario analysis, identifying business impacts of climate change, translating the impacts of climate-related risk into financial terms and have deep knowledge of the climate-related risk disclosure framework – TCFD.
- You have experience with all aspects of climate-related risk assessment at the company level (considering the full value chain of a single company). Experience with climate modeling, programming, and geospatial mapping of physical risks is preferred, but not required. Experience with the agri-food supply chain is a plus.
- You’re an entrepreneurial and motivated sustainability professional and a strategic thinker looking for a big opportunity to work with sustainability leaders and experts.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based climate strategies.
- You’re energized by a fast-paced and diverse role: effectively delivering Quantis’ climate risk offering in Europe, ensuring the timely delivery of the related projects, supporting the development of the offering at the group level and supporting the training of the Climate Strategy team to acquire new skills and providing expertise to the various branches .
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences, including top management.
- You’re comfortable working with senior executives at companies, guiding them in their decision taking.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- You have business acumen and a consultative approach working with clients.
- You have a Master’s degree in business or science.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent English and ideally German; a third language such as French or Italian is a plus.
- You have demonstrated teamwork, interpersonal skills, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
- Having a demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills is a plus.
As the Climate Risk Expert, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Serving as a subject matter expert to support Quantis in successfully delivering on climate risk and TCFD reporting projects.
- Consulting with clients and colleagues across multiple industries (in particular Food & Agriculture, Fashion & Sporting Goods, Cosmetics or Chemical sector), to assist them in assessing and understanding climate risks & opportunities, using robust methodologies, conducting client meetings and developing high-quality deliverables.
- Training: as subject matter expert, contribute to the development of materials to train the global climate strategy team and the branch’s consultants on climate risk and delivery of our climate risk service; participate in relevant internal discussions and guiding project teams.
- Offerings improvement: together with the climate strategy team and key account managers, identify needs and implement actions to revise or expand on existing practices.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Switzerland preferred, Quantis has offices in Lausanne and Zurich. Remote working close to Switzerland can be considered.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston/Portland, Paris, Berlin and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel in Europe and potentially, though rarely, in the US
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Quantis has talent!” video.