Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 190+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
Climate change is the biggest challenge our world faces right now. As Quantis Climate Risk Expert, you will be accountable for the group’s excellence in this field and ensure we support our clients’ transition towards sustainability.
In this newly created role as Quantis Climate Risk Expert, you will be expected to develop the group’s positioning and provide expertise to both our teams and our clients in regard to climate-relate risk assessment and TCFD reporting.
We’re looking for a candidate with experience conducting climate-related risk assessment, expert knowledge about disclosure of climate risks and opportunities and a solid network in the field.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and strategy skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- For 3+ years, you’ve been sharpening your strategy skills and technical expertise in the field of climate risk and disclosure.
- You have demonstrated experience assessing climate risks (physical and transitional) and opportunities, conducting scenario analysis, identifying business/financial impacts of climate change, and disclosing climate-related risk according to guidelines such as the TCFD Recommendations. You have experience with all aspects of climate-related risk assessment at the firm level (considering the value chain of a single company). Experience with climate modeling, programming, and geospatial mapping of physical risks is preferred, but not required.
- You have experience developing positioning for new services and expert knowledge of the climate risk market, a deep understanding of how it has developed in recent years, how it works and its limitations and strengths both from a business and scientific standpoint.
- You have a great network in the climate risk space that you will be able to activate to make a thorough market assessment.
- You’re an entrepreneurial and motivated sustainability professional and a strategic thinker looking for a big opportunity to work with sustainability leaders and experts.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based climate strategy.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: development/implementing the positioning and service offering for the group, train the Climate Strategy team to acquire new skills and providing expertise to the various branches to acquire and develop new accounts and effectively sell and deliver Quantis’ climate risk offering, ensuring the timely delivery of the related projects.
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- You have business acumen and a consultative approach working with clients.
- You have a Master’s degree in business or science.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent English, and a second language such as French, Italian or German is a plus.
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have demonstrated high levels of peer leadership and teamwork, interpersonal skills, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
As the Climate Risk Expert, here’s a preview of the types of work your days will include:
- Develop the group positioning with the Global Head of Climate Strategy, through market trends assessment and connection with other services, sectors, innovation & science to develop and align our solution’s offerings with both science and our clients’ needs
- Serve as subject matter expert supporting branches in successfully selling and delivering on climate risk & opportunities and TCFD reporting projects and client meetings.
- Training: as subject matter expert, develop materials to train the climate strategy teams on climate risk and delivery of our climate risk service, and train the more global teams on the high-level notions of the market; participate in relevant internal discussions and guiding project teams.
- Thought Leadership: develop and share Quantis’ thought leadership on topics related to climate risk; continuously improve and expand Quantis’ development and implementation in the climate risk area through the development of external thought leadership pieces and of a robust and scientifically credible network
- Maintain and improve Quantis’ ability to market and sell the strategic offering, identify needs and implement actions to revise or expand on the deliverables or market positioning of the strategic offering, including relevant new innovations.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as a team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Any Quantis location (offices in the United States (Boston/Portland), Paris, Switzerland (Lausanne/Zurich), Milan and Berlin)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston/Portland, Lausanne/Zurich, Berlin and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel in Europe and the US
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.