Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 220+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different.
Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a business development focused Sustainability Consultant, you will be responsible for developing new client relationships, effectively selling Quantis sustainability consulting services, and delivering high-quality environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your commercial skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re a creative, curious, and motivated business development professional looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You have 2+ years’ experience within the sustainability sector (ideally consulting).
- You have a good understanding of the sustainability market dynamics in the U.S. Experience in the apparel sector is highly desirable.
- You’re a clear strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have a high degree of self-motivation and passion for sales and client relationship development.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- You have clear and succinct communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You’re able to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality.
As a Business Development focused Sustainability Consultant, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Building relationships, generating and converting leads into new clients. This includes developing and successfully implementing account acquisition plans.
- Analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics.
- Providing custom insights and solutions to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Clearly and successfully selling existing and new Quantis service offerings.
- Collaborating with service leads to optimize scoping and staffing.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Boston, MA or Portland, OR (please note that due to COVID-19, currently the US team works mainly remotely)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (France, Switzerland, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel, approximately 20-25% of work time for client or internal Quantis work and conferences
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.