Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 180+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. These talents are eager to learn and develop their skills, so this role provides an opportunity to make a direct impact on our people and our planet. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Data Engineer at Quantis, you will help bridge the gap between data and environmental issues. Your data engineering expertise will support Quantis’ mission to guide top organizations to define, shape, and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your data engineering skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You know how to work with heterogeneous data. You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques. You have solid experience with SQL/NoSQL datastores and creating ETL pipelines.
- You have a strong knowledge of common programming languages (Java, Python, Kotlin), applying best engineering practices to produce elegant, maintainable, and scalable code. Your code is easy to read, test and re-use, and you constantly improve quality over time.
- You have experience in implementing cloud solutions on AWS. Azure or Google Cloud
- You are an avid learner who stays up-to-date with the latest trends and can vet with pragmatism and long-term vision the adoption of new technologies.
- You communicate in fluent French and professional English.
- For 1+ year, you have been sharpening your data engineering skills and have contributed to data pipelines running in production.
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Data Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent.
As a Data Engineer for Digital Solutions, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Develop and maintain secure scalable data pipelines and build API integrations to support Quantis environment assessments tools.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with analysts across Quantis to improve data models that feed environmental assessment tools, increasing data accessibility.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne/Zürich, Switzerland, Paris, France, Germany or Italy
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston/Portland, Lausanne/Zürich, Paris, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences or in-person
- Ability to travel occasionally for internal meetings
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.