Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 180+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. These talents are eager to learn and develop their skills, so this role provides an opportunity to make a direct impact on our people and our planet. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Data manager for Quantis, you will play a key role in maintaining the consistency and the integrity of our solutions for performing cutting-edge LCAs. Expert of SimaPro database and its ecosystem, you will ensure data availability and operational excellence for all Quantis branches.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your data management skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You are data passionate, loving clear organization and processes, as well as a SimaPro expert.
- You’re an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated data manager, thinking outside the box and eager to optimize workflows.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- You speak fluent English. (French, German or Italian would be a bonus)
- For at least 5 years, you’ve been sharpening your data management skills in the SimaPro ecosystem and you are aware of strengths and weaknesses of its database system.
- You have a degree in IT.
- You’re familiar or willing to develop your knowledge of the main solutions, tools, databases, data and concepts used by Quantis: life cycle inventories such as ecoinvent, impact assessment methods and home-grown data management tools and datasets.
As a Data Manager, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Maintaining consistency and integrity of all SimaPro servers, i.e. they are all using the same data (inventory and characterization factors) and they are preserved from alteration. Projects or datasets exchanges between servers must always be possible.
- Updating LCI databases (e.g. if ecoinvent updates)
- Aggregating new entries form various projects update our home-grown library into a new version made available to all SP users
- Updating LCIA methods when needed and makes sure that the Pré updates in SimaPro are OK
- Interpretation of the updates (e.g. the characterisation factor for X has changed and this means Y)
- Updating the internal Guidelines according to the changes that you implemented
- Checking in with LCIA guru and scientific coordination
- Implementation of a data strategy specifically with LCI and LCIA that are embedded in SimaPro.
- Managing the functioning / governance of SimaPro, Mendeley and other tools (servers, licenses, functioning process, backup, etc.)
- Working in close collaboration with the IT team and the scientific committee
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Any Quantis Office
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston/Portland, Lausanne/Zürich, Paris, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences or in person
- Ability to travel occasionally for internal meetings and client meetings
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.