Quantis is actively seeking a Director for its German branch based in Berlin.
The Director of Quantis Germany will lead our dynamic team in Berlin and will be responsible for accelerating the growth of our business in Germany. The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of how to use the latest sustainability science and make it applicable and actionable for business operations and strategies. His/her strong vision and understanding of the German market dynamics as well as his/her business administration and team leadership skills will be essential to implement a pragmatic short-to-mid term business plan with clarity and dedication. This role will report directly to the CEO who is based in Paris.
This key role within the Quantis group has opened as the group steps up its growth in the European DACH (German-speaking) region. The former DACH Director role has now been separated into two distinct Director positions — one for Berlin and one for Zürich (see press release for Director, Quantis Zürich).
Quantis: inspiring sustainability
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics, challenges and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 100+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
The skill set of our next Director, Quantis Germany
The Director of Quantis Germany will have a a diverse set of skills and a proven track record in the following areas of responsibility:
- Defining and implementing effective business and development strategies
- Analyzing challenges and responding proactively with pragmatic and actionable solutions
- Identifying team skills and talent needs, implementing recruitment processes, and successfully hiring and integrating new talents
- Managing yearly budget plans and cash-flow forecasts, reporting on financial & operational KPIs
- Supervising branch accounting, financial, office and administrative work streams
- Acting as an agent for change: generating buy-in and commitment from the team for strategies, action plans and objectives as well as creating engagement for group efforts
- Collective team building as well as coaching and mentoring each individual to reach their highest potential
- Managing a team in a fluid organizational structure, based on self-management and organized by responsibility (and not by direct hierarchy)
- Developing presence as a thought leader on key sustainability topics
- Actively coordinating with the other Directors and reporting directly to CEO
Senior consultant responsibilities
- Developing new and innovative product and service offerings, especially in the areas of goal setting, strategic consulting, communication, as well as change and internal engagement projects
- Providing custom insights and solutions to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability
- Building new client relationships and accounts
- Developing and managing existing client relationships
- Leading internal knowledge areas within Quantis
Embracing the Quantis Spirit
Quantis offers a unique work environment: the opportunity to develop in a company that implements change amongst leading global organizations while working with a supportive and dynamic team of scientific and insight experts in metrics-based sustainability.
This new talent will embrace and nurture the Quantis Spirit — it’s our way of enthusiastic and collaborative working that’s engrained in Quantis’ DNA:
- We prioritize our clients. We are passionate about co-creating effective client solutions to guide them on their sustainability journey.
- We thrive by working in a team of like-minded, creative geeks. With an innovative and collaborative spirit, we build the bridge between the science and metrics of sustainability and its application in business.
- We are a global team that works cross-functionally and across cultures.
- We are a naturally dynamic, enthusiastic team that thrives on collaboration.
- We are passionate about the environment, commited to sustainability, and active in the sustainability movement – building better companies for a more resilient future.
Requirements check list
The required qualifications for the position are:
- 10+ years experience in working in or with sustainability consulting firms or top private sector companies
- 5+ years in a leadership role managing and developing a team, and responsible for P&L
- A deep understanding of the sustainability market dynamics in Germany
- A proven track record of developing business opportunities and managing client relationships with German companies
- An active network in sustainability in Germany
- References in the area of strategic consulting
- Based in Berlin
- Full-time position
- Frequent travel in Europe, some international travel
- Native German speaker with full professional fluency in English
Quantis couples a flexible, team-oriented work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package. Compensation will be determined based on level of experience and potential for success. Curious about our unique non-hierarchical company culture? GreenBiz was too! Check out their interview with our CEO.