Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 240+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
We’re looking for a candidate with experience in insetting and offsetting markets, expert knowledge around the mechanisms of carbon credits and climate finance accounting and a solid network in the field.
In this newly created role as a Carbon Markets & Sequestration Expert, you will be expected to develop the group’s positioning and provide expertise to both our teams and our clients in regards to insetting, offsetting and carbon credit markets.
Climate change is the biggest challenge our world faces right now. As Carbon Markets & Sequestration Expert, you will be accountable for the group’s excellence in this field area and ensure we support our client transition towards sustainability. We’re looking for a candidate with experience in insetting and offsetting markets, expert knowledge around the mechanisms of carbon credits and climate finance accounting and a solid network in the field.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and strategy skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been sharpening your knowledge in the carbon market field, knowing the ins and outs of various types of credits, standards, and the nuances between offsetting and insetting.
- You have expertise in pragmatic modelling, interpretation, and best practices related to carbon sequestration in soils and biomass.
- You’re an entrepreneurial and motivated sustainability professional looking for a big opportunity to work with sustainability leaders and experts.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based climate strategies.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: combination of quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the development of client sustainability solutions and delivering high-quality environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients, support the development of the swiss team, both on the sales and delivery side, to acquire new skills and provide expertise to the various branches when needed.
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- You have business acumen and a consultative approach working with clients.
- You have a Master’s degree in business or science.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent English, and preferably, in French as well. German language skills would be a plus.
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have demonstrated high levels of peer leadership and teamwork, interpersonal skills, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
As our Expert – Carbon Markets & Sequestration, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Consulting with clients and colleagues across multiple industries (in particular Food & Agriculture, Fashion & Sporting Goods and Chemical sector), to assist them in understanding and implementing carbon markets (Offsetting & Insetting), natural climate solutions, carbon sequestration topics with experienced project managers.
- Serve as subject matter expert supporting the Swiss branch in successfully selling and delivering on carbon markets and carbon sequestration related projects and client meetings, participating in relevant internal discussions and guiding project teams.
- Training: as subject matter expert, you will share knowledge and support the high level training of your branch’s key account managers and collaborate with the group on material developments to train the climate strategy teams and other SMEs in details on the various topics.
- Offerings improvement: together with the climate strategy team and the key account managers, identify needs and implement actions to revise or expand on the deliverables or market positioning of the carbon markets offerings, including relevant new innovations.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston/Portland, Paris Berlin and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel in Europe and potentially though rarely in the US
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Quantis has talent!” video.