Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 230+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As an Expert in Forestry & Agroforestry, you will be supporting our clients from the implementation of pilot projects to the technical quantification of carbon stocks.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated by our mission of building a sustainable future through guiding companies.
- For 3+ years, you’ve been sharpening your skills and technical expertise in a professional setting.
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You are able to provide subject matter expertise on Agroforestry topics, including but not limited to, land use change, deforestation, soil carbon accounting, regenerative agriculture, biogenic carbon emissions, carbon sequestration, watershed management, water impact assessment, and forestry management.
- Experience with coffee, cocoa, palm, citrus would be a plus.
- You are experienced with GIS and/or know how to navigate satellite imagery or remote sensing data.
- You are motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- You’re able to use your experience to provide technical support, coaching, and technical review both internally and externally.
- You are familiar with quantitative methods to turn your knowledge into metrics (e.g. carbon footprint).
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based climate strategy.
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Agronomy, Forestry, Engineering, Hydrology or related disciplines.
- You communicate effectively in fluent English, and preferably also in French and/or German
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have a message that you want to communicate to your peers and the world.
As an Expert in Forestry & Agroforestry, here’s a preview of the types of work your days will include:
- Supporting colleagues to assist them in understanding and implementing solutions with our experienced project managers and advising clients,
- Developing unique solutions to address Agroforestry challenges together with the related Project Managers and Strategists;
- Sharing knowledge for topics, such as land use change, deforestation, soil carbon accounting, regenerative agriculture, biogenic carbon emissions, carbon sequestration, watershed management, water impact assessment, and forestry management.
Principles of being a Quantis Subject Matter Expert
- Be the expert. You are up-to-date and have your finger on the pulse of what is new and exciting. You serve as a reference for the team and make yourself available to your peers in a variety of time zones. You help identify where learning and development is needed and help fill the gaps. You know the scientific shortcomings of your expertise area and can interpret uncertainty and variability.
- Apply the expertise. You listen to and guide the team on what science is relevant for application in business.
- Develop and manage expert knowledge. You develop and transmit knowledge to others in creative and organized ways and following the best principles in knowledge management.
- Promote efficiency. You are dedicated to pragmatism and parsimony. You help set up efficient tools and methods and share these with others. You seek to make executive decisions and improve clarity.
- Ensure quality. You are the guardian of the scientific temple and help perform technical and quality controls.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich (other Quantis locations can be considered)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston/Portland, Paris, Berlin and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Quantis has talent!” video.