Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 150+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As Quantis’ Financial Controller you will support the Finance Director in leading the financial accounting for the group, which includes budgeting, financial reporting, admin & finance processing, internal auditing as well as management of the relationship with external statutory reporting stakeholders.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your finance/controlling skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, curious and motivated professional with 3+ years experience in a finance department, ideally coupled with an initial experience as an auditor.
- You have experience in working at multinational companies, with management of intercompany transactions and ideally, you have experience of ERP implementation.
- You have a good knowledge of accounting principles & controlling, preferably with an experience of long term contracts.
- You prefer working with a high level of autonomy and self-management.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business management, with a focus on finance, accounting or controlling.
- You have professional fluency in English and French. Other languages (German, Italian) would be a plus.
- You have very strong Excel skills.
- You have strong project management abilities and are capable of multitasking, including prioritization of work and management / organization of time (deadline-oriented).
- You have strong analytical skills, are organised and precise.
- You’re a hands on person with a proactive attitude.
As the Financial Controller, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Support and consolidate monthly management reporting, including analytical reviews, volumes statistics and KPIs
- Ensure the timely completeness and accuracy of all financial reporting
- Contribute to definition and formalization of procedures and spread best practice for admin & finance (Group accounting manual + management reporting guidelines)
- Support the admin & finance managers of the branches in the statutory bookkeeping and year-end closing
- Manage intercompany transactions invoicing and reconciliation, prepare group consolidation
- Control & develop cash flow forecasts
- Provide critical support for an ERP implementation project regarding the preparation, localization, “go live”, post-implementation and any enhancement phases.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Ability to travel to other Quantis offices
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.