Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 190+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Junior Sustainability Consultant at Quantis, starting as an intern, you will be expected to help the team deliver high quality metrics-based consulting services to our clients.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and analysis skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You have demonstrated high levels of determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
- You’re a well organized person who can prioritize tasks well.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule.
- You can step up in front of an audience and present clearly even complex topics.
- You have the ability and affinity for supporting and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a Master’s degree in engineering, environmental science or another scientific discipline.
- You’re fluent in both English and Italian.
- You have a first experience performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics, preferably in consulting industry and/or academic context.
- You have a strong knowledge of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and interest in developing your related technical skills.
- You have an excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You have experience with one of the LCA software tools, e.g. SimaPro, GaBi, OpenLCA, etc.
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You have the ability to collect, process, manage and interpret data in a form that is understandable to audiences with varying levels of knowledge on sustainability.
- You have a thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services, market needs relevant to Quantis.
Preferred skills & experience
- Experience with sustainability issues in the food sector (agriculture, food production, etc.)
- Scientific programing: knowledge of Python, Matlab
- Experience in data visualization and knowledge of Tableau and willingness to keep developing skills in this area
- Knowledge of broader sustainability topics (social and governance)
As Junior Sustainability Consultant, here’s a preview of the types of work your days will include:
This is a starting point for a Sustainability Consultant at Quantis. You are encouraged to empower your own career and can build your path towards managing clients’ projects or being responsible for advanced technical and scientific tasks.
- Technical execution of tasks in clients’ projects:
- Working on projects in the Italian market as well as on projects from all over the world in collaboration with Quantisians from other offices (Berlin, Boston, Zurich, Paris and Lausanne)
- Executing tasks within Sustainability Strategy projects
- Performing product LCAs in SimaPro of various products and systems including complex novel technologies
- Calculating Corporate Carbon Footprint, including advanced Scope3 models
- Data collection from the client, its processing and management
- Creation of user-friendly MS Excel tools with models in the background of various complexity
- Writing of reports and creation of presentations of results in clear and easily understandable manner
- Supporting/managing clients’ interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Take an active role in the management of the projects
- Other responsibilities could include:
- Provide helping hand in day-to-day operations of the company; operations, knowledge management, talent projects, supporting the vision and mission, etc.
- Supporting of business development activities: Understanding your clients needs and coming up with new ideas to help with the business development, contribution to project proposals when needed
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as a team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Milan, Italy (with home office option in near term)
- Job type: 6 months internship contract (with possibility of permanent contract afterwards)
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Zürich, Boston, Berlin, and Paris) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Italy, and at times Europe
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.