Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 200+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
We are looking for a Senior LCA consultant/analyst to deliver science-based evidences based on life cycle assessment metrics (incl. for instance carbon accounting, beyond carbon footprinting, eco-design, climate strategies, knowledge of GHG Protocol and SBTi)
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and analytical skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, curious, and organized sustainability consultant, a sharp scientific analyst looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You get excited about guiding global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance and collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations as well as to communicate credibly on their efforts.
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- For 4-6 years, you’ve been sharpening your LCA analysis skills in a consulting, industry and/or academic context, performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics. Your deep expertise combines conceptual and practical knowledge.
- You are showing a strong understanding of sustainability topics, services, and client needs relevant to Quantis. You have a strong knowledge of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), including experience with LCA software tools, e.g. SimaPro, GaBi, OpenLCA, etc.
- You have a Master’s degree in engineering, environmental science or similar discipline. A PhD degree involving significant conceptual and practical use of LCA is appreciated.
- You have strong general quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent English, Swiss-German/German and/or French (written and oral).
- You have a thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services, market needs relevant to Quantis
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have the ability and affinity for supporting and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have demonstrated high levels of teamwork, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and quality, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
As a LCA Consultant here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Client project delivery:
- Performing analytical work and LCA modeling
- Developing or supporting development of interim and final client deliverables
- Providing analytical support to team members
- Thought leadership: Developing and sharing Quantis thought leadership on LCA topics and trends; participating in relevant internal LCA-related initiatives or projects.
- Training: Identifying needs, developing and delivering internal and/or client- facing training on key LCA topics.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis offices (Milan, Paris, Berlin, and Boston/Portland) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally, primarily in Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.