Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 170+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. These talents are eager to learn and develop their skills, so this role provides an opportunity to make a direct impact on our people and our planet. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
Quantis’ Digital Solutions team harnesses our expertise in leading-edge environmental footprinting, sustainability strategy and software development to tackle our clients digital needs in sustainability. Our digital tools help companies implement sustainability strategies by embedding sustainability across key business functions including product and packaging innovation, operations, marketing and reporting.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your business development skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated business developer, a clear strategic thinker looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: acquiring new accounts, managing and developing existing accounts, effectively selling Quantis digital services for our clients.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- You speak fluent French and English. (German or Italian would be a bonus!)
- For at least 5 years, you’ve been sharpening your business development skills, you’ve got a successful track record in building and deploying account acquisition plans and growing sales for digital services. Experience in cosmetics, food & agriculture or apparel sectors will be a plus.
- You have a degree in business, marketing, environment, or similar discipline.
- You’re familiar or willing to develop your knowledge of the main sustainability frameworks used by Quantis: Life Cycle Assessment, Ecodesign, GHG Protocol, Science Based Targets, Water Footprinting, etc.
As a Lead Business Developer for Digital Solutions, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Business development core responsibilities
- Growing sales with new and existing clients
- Developing and efficiently converting leads into clients by building new relationships and accounts
- Developing and successfully implementing business development and account acquisition plans
- Providing custom insights to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability
- Analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics
- Working in close collaboration with Business Development teams in different branches
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne/Zürich, Switzerland or Paris, France
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston/Portland, Lausanne/Zürich, Paris, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences or in person
- Ability to travel occasionally for internal meetings and client meetings
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.