Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 130+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As Quantis Milan's Office Manager (50%) and member of the group finance team, you will be responsible for the branch’s administration and financial obligations to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your hospitality spirit and your top notch organizational skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re willing to use your accounting and HR administration knowledge to support a small and dynamic team of top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You have a good knowledge of Italian financial, legal and administrative requirements.
- You’re hands-on, disciplined and flexible, ready to work autonomously in your role.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an office manager in an SME in Italy, and ideally you have worked within an international group with reporting requirements.
- You have experience in project organization and the skills to operate project control systems.
- You’re a team player who works quickly, independently and on schedule. You like to improve processes and find solutions.
- You communicate clearly and succinctly in fluent English and Italian both speaking and writing.
As our Office Manager in Milan, here’s a preview of the type of work your days will include:
- Finance and cash: In coordination with our accounting firm, manage bills from suppliers and invoices to clients as well as expense reports.
- Human resources administration: In coordination with our accounting firm, manage the administrative aspects of hires and leaves, salaries, declarations to social administrations, etc.
- Project management and controlling: Checking timesheets, processing travel expense reports and reimbursements, preparing billing schedules, conducting project profitability analysis.
- External relations: Liaise with third parties such as banks, outsourced accounting firm, relevant authorities, etc.
- Reporting: In coordination with the branch director, provide information for group monthly reporting including cash flow forecast.
- Office management: Office maintenance, liaise with landlord, utilities providers, cleaning service, etc.
- Support team organization: Organize documents (digital and paperwork), travel bookings, team coordination, business development administration, etc.
- Coordination with group-level admin and finance team led by Group Financial Director.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Milan
- Working time : 50%
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Zürich, Boston/Portland, Paris, Berlin) via web-conferences, mostly in English
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.