Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis’ vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
The mission of the Operations Lead – France is to support Quantisians to use their full potential to achieve this vision in the best working environment.
We want to enable consultants in delivering impact and transformation through efficient, collaborative ways of working promoting autonomy, cross-branch exchanges and people development while ensuring work-life balance. Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 190+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. These talents are eager to learn and develop their skills, so this role provides an opportunity to make a direct impact on our people and our planet.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As an empathic organiser, optimistic solution finder and smart team-oriented person with significant experience as Operations Manager in a fast-paced and fluid context, you will manage the activity of our branch together with the Branch Director and optimize the operations of our rapidly growing French team (50+ Quantisians).
Operations at Quantis
At the crossing point between all support areas, the Operations function is here to ensure that the branch team is successful and fulfills its mission in the best conditions possible.
Operations at Quantis are responsible for:
- Skill & availability-based project staffing, pipeline anticipation and planning
- Ensuring efficient and healthy distribution of workload based on skills, competencies, aspirations, availability and work-life balance
- Improving existing processes & tools and creating new ones, as needed, to support the evolution of our ways of working to foster impact, efficiency, quality & work-life balance
- Through training & hiring, ensuring the team’s skills & expertise is aligned with business needs
- Providing objective data and business-driven KPI on workload management, project staffing, project financial KPIs.
Operations act as coordinator among branches, facilitating the communication of key information on how to harmonize the way we work and anticipate any upcoming activity that needs cooperation across branches & teams. Operations are central to how we work, collaborate and succeed.
Does this describe you and your next role?
Quantis being a modern company experiencing a rapid growth, the optimisation of our operations require your skills as an Operations professional if:
- You have an outstanding track record of managing the operations of a growing consultancy /professional services/digital-IT company, ideally with 5+ years of relevant experience in a scientific/technical field.
- You have a strong business acumen.
- You have experience in managing and supporting the development of a large team of consultants with technical expertise.
- You have a passion for organising, finding solutions and helping your company perform in the best way possible.
- You’re a team player who works quickly, independently and on schedule with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You are an excellent communicator and at ease with change management topics, able to embark team members.
- You are flexible, happy to adapt and support the evolution of your teammates and your branch
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business management, project management or another related field.
- You speak French and are fluent in English. German or Italian would be a plus.
- You have a good general knowledge of and interest in sustainability issues.
As the Operations Lead – Paris, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
In close collaboration with the Group Operations Lead, the Branch Director and the Branch Development Lead, a Branch Operations Lead is responsible for the entire Operations team in the branch and the quality & efficiency of project delivery.
Team lead responsibilities
- Supporting consultants in the Operations team on their development pathway
- Conducting the performance reviews of the sustainability consultants operationalizing our Solutions team members.
- Having an overview of all projects running in the branch (their size, importance and status)
- Monitoring the past (hours spent and reported) and future (planning) of all resources and their effective use.
- Collaborating closely with the Branch Director, Development Lead, Sector & Service Leads and Talent Lead on all aspects of the workload and operations efficiency, as well as recruitment needs.
- Interacting and coordinating with Operations peers in other Quantis branches to support cross-branch alignment & collaboration.
- Maintaining consistency, integrity, completeness of existing operations management tools over time and proposing improvements to adapt to business needs and team evolution (e.g. planning & workload files, time and holidays tracking)
- Staffing projects based on available skills & seniority matching project needs
- Monitoring the workload of consultants ensuring a fair, balanced & relevant distribution of work/projects based on billable profile capacity, skills, experience and needs within the branch or outside of the branch and finding solutions for overloaded and underloaded consultants.
- Analysing how time is used by consultants to identify inefficiencies and rooms for improvement;finding solutions with the team members when needed, in alignment with Branch Talent Lead and Branch Director.
- Onboarding of new consultants with technical expertise: in collaboration with the Branch Talent Lead, ensure that processes, information and key data are shared with the newcomers.
- Monitoring projects profitability and working with project teams to identify areas of improvement that project teams, Knowledge Management, Learning & Development, or Development teams can further support.
- Working closely with other branch Operations Leads to establish best practices related to operations and project management all over Quantis and ensuring together with the Talent & Knowledge Management teams that these practices are spread among all the consultants.
- Continuously improving and adapting our tools and Key Performance Indicators to be serving the team and not the contrary: keeping in mind that “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler”
- Demonstrating good change management skills to ease the day to day operations within the team
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Paris
- Job type: Permanent contract (80% or 100%)
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Switzerland, US, Germany, Italy) via web-conferences, in French or English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Europe
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.