Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics, challenges and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 100+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
We're hiring a seasoned and innovative Senior Sustainability Consultant with Business Development Skills to join our growing US team.
Our new team member will be responsible for developing new and existing client relationships, effectively selling Quantis sustainability consulting services, and delivering high quality environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients, with a primary focus on the West Coast/western US market.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- 5+ years’ experience and proven success working in a similar business development role, working with top private sector consultancies / professional services firms developing business in sustainability
- A deep understanding of the sustainability market dynamics in the US based on sustainability consulting or similar experience developing sustainability solutions
- A high degree of self-motivation and passion for sales and client relationship development
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Clear and succinct communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality aligned with Quantis’ values and spirit
As a business development focused Senior Sustainability Consultant in our new west coast office, you will be responsible for:
- Building client relationships and developing business with new and existing clients.
- Cultivating and managing existing client relationships.
- Generating and converting leads into clients.
- Developing and successfully implementing business development and account acquisition plans.
- Providing custom insights and solutions to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Leading project teams to deliver outstanding sustainability consulting services for clients.
- Analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics.
- Clearly and successfully selling existing and new Quantis service offerings.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues when co-designing or co-delivering a project.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. (Learn more about our culture in GreenBiz interview with our CEO.)
Some logistics to consider
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area (anticipated); possible flexibility for right candidate / situation
- Start date: Anticipated March 2020, with possible flexibility based on candidate / situation
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston, Lausanne, Paris, Zürich, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel, approximately 20-25% of work time for client or internal Quantis work, conferences, etc.
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success. View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
You can apply for this position just below. You will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions.