Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 190+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As an experienced Senior Climate Strategy Consultant you will be responsible for managing and delivering client projects and helping Quantis grow its presence in the climate strategy space from Boston, MA or Portland, OR.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You are passionate to deliver the Quantis mission: Inspiring sustainable change by providing key actors with the appropriate environmental tools and strategies.
- You are driven by guiding companies in their transformation to a low-carbon economy, in line with the Paris Agreement goals.
- You have 5-7 years of professional experience, which includes a proven track record in the climate strategy field within a private sector company and/or consulting space.
- You have a combination of technical climate knowledge and strategic capabilities.
- You have project management skills and are able to organize workload, project streams and priorities to deliver in a timely manner.
- You have been involved in projects to develop corporate strategies for mitigating climate impacts.
- You have a network within the climate strategy space.
- You have strong knowledge of the principles, actors, roles, issues/topics, instruments within the climate strategy space.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have experience working with data and metrics.
- You are fully fluent in English.
- You are able to identify, design and deliver outstanding consulting and thought leadership projects, products and services.
- You are team-oriented and demonstrate a collaborative spirit.
- You have the capacity to listen to client needs to develop and communicate creative and adapted solutions.
- You have the capacity to integrate and work with a diverse team, including a range of scientific and creative personalities and profiles.
As a Senior Climate Strategy Consultant for either our Boston or Portland office, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Manage and deliver client project work related to climate strategy solutions: Provide expertise on all aspects of client projects from project scoping to crafting solutions to developing high-standard, timely deliverables; build, develop and manage efficient and balanced consultant projects teams. Deliver and support climate strategy projects with a strong focus on science-based methodology and nurture optimal and trustful client and industry relationships.
- Support Quantis’ business development team in our local markets by providing expertise to nurture existing and develop new client relations across sectors, including: provide expertise during development calls, support proposal scoping and pricing and present to potential clients.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Boston, MA or Portland, OR (due to COVID-19, currently the US team works remotely)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Ability to travel (a few times per year), in the US and Europe.
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating, that, in combination with our paid time off and other benefits, provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.