Do you get excited by collaborating with a diverse set of organizations? Are you driven by seeking business opportunities that will guide companies to investigate their sustainability challenges and help them implement solutions for meaningful change? Do you have a passion for innovation and being on the forefront of sustainable business? Yes? Then this exciting opportunity might be for you!
Quantis is actively recruiting a seasoned Senior Consultant with business development skills to join our growing team in Paris, France. The ideal candidates will have a background of demonstrated success in generating and converting leads into clients and establishing strong client relationships. They will also have strong interest in and experience with environmental sustainability topics and a proven capacity to develop insights and solutions adapted to our clients’ specific needs. This can include developing sustainability strategies, facilitating fact-based decision-making, and guiding sustainability communications support.
Quantis offers a unique work environment: the opportunity to develop business-focused solutions that implement change amongst leading local and global organizations supported by a dynamic team of international and diverse scientists as well as technical and advisory experts in metrics-based sustainability. To discover the secret sauce for creating our unique non-hierarchical culture, check out this GreenBiz Q&A with our CEO.
The Senior Consultant with business development skills will have a proven track record in the following areas of responsibility:
Biz dev core responsibilities
- Developing and converting efficiently leads into clients by building new relationships and accounts;
- Developing and successfully implementing business development and account acquisition plans;
- Growing sales with new and existing clients;
- Providing custom insights to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability considering that Quantis solutions are adapted to client’s specific needs, which can include framing strategies, facilitating fact-based decision-making, managing solutions projects, and guiding communications efforts;
- Be a leading contributor to branch new client sales and business growth;
- Effectively scope projects establishing and promoting the values of Quantis;
Others core responsibilities could include
- Lead and manage client projects and Quantis project teams to deliver outstanding quality services to clients.
- Conducting sustainability-related assessments, such as corporate and product footprinting;
- Developing and managing existing client relationships;
- Support internal Quantis projects relevant to areas of experience and/or interest.
The required qualifications for the position are:
- 5+ years professional experience working in or with top private sector companies or consulting firms on developing business in the sustainability field;
- A proven track record of developing business opportunities and managing client relationships;
- A deep understanding of the sustainability market dynamics in Europe;
- The desire to contribute to the development of Quantis Paris
- A strong set of references and project portfolio;
- Demontrated problem solving skills;
- Ability to work with self-motivation and flexilbility;
- Excellent language skills in both French and English;
- The ability and desire to work effectively with cross-functional/cultural profiles, both internally and externally;
- Ability to travel mainly in Switzerland and other European countries;
- A dynamic and enthusiastic personality aligned with Quantis’ values and spirit.
Compensation and Benefits
Quantis offers a flexible, team-oriented work environment. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for success. To learn more about the team and what make Quantis an exceptional place to work, please view our “Quantis has talent!” video.
Quantis is a leading sustainability consulting firm specialized in the use of science-based metrics and insights to support our clients to measure, understand, manage and communicate on the sustainability issues that matter most.
Quantis has an international presence with offices in France, Switzerland, Germany, the United States, Colombia and Italy. Quantis’ clients include, among others, Nestlé, Danone, IKEA, Starbucks, Kraft, Mars, Mondelez, L’Oréal, as well as sporting events such as the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Quantis offers leading services in environmental footprinting, eco-design, sustainable supply chains, sustainability strategy, reporting and communication. Quantis has a strong track record in applying its knowledge and expertise to accompany clients in transforming scientific insights into decisions and action plans.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions.