Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics, challenges and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 100+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Senior Business Developer in the Quantis Milan office, you will develop new business opportunities and deliver high-quality environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients in Italy.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your business development and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated business developer, a clear strategic thinker looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: acquiring new accounts, effectively selling Quantis sustainability consulting services and delivering environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients in Italy.
- You have a deep understanding of the sustainability market dynamics in Italy and can develop insights and solutions adapted to our clients’ specific needs and objectives.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch. You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing, in Italian and English.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been sharpening your business development and consulting skills, you’ve got a successful track record in building and deploying account acquisition plans and growing sales in a similar top private sector consultancy/professional services firm in sustainability.
- You have a degree in business, marketing, environment, or similar discipline.
- You’ll be a preferred candidate if you have expertise in the apparel/fashion or food sector and/or speak fluent French.
As a Sustainability Consultant in Milan, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Biz dev core responsibilities
- Developing and efficiently converting leads into clients by building new relationships and accounts
- Developing and successfully implementing business development and account acquisition plans
- Growing sales with new and existing clients
- Providing custom insights to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability
- Analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics
Other core responsibilities could include
- Leading and managing client project teams to deliver outstanding-quality services to clients
- Conducting sustainability-related assessments, such as corporate and product footprinting
- Supporting internal Quantis projects relevant to areas of experience and/or interest
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues when co-designing or co-delivering a project.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. (Learn more about our culture in GreenBiz interview with our CEO.)
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Paris, Boston, Zürich, and Berlin) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel, primarily in Italy and other European countries
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success. View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
You can apply for this position just below. You will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions.