Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 130+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer to work in our Communications & Engagement Solutions team on a diverse range of sustainability communications projects for clients across industries.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re driven by positive change and seek to make a difference on a global scale.
- You seek to contribute to the mission of Quantis: inspiring sustainable change, by rendering metrics meaningful and actionable.
- You’re highly creative and love to tell visual stories.
- You have that “Leonardo da Vinci” spark – passionate for both art and science, figures and images
- You have 5-8 years of experience designing both print and digital materials and managing visual communications projects in a fast-paced environment
- You have a BA/BS in Graphic Design or similar discipline.
- You have software fluency:
- Full fluency with desktop publishing tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Adequate knowledge in video editing (After Effects, Premiere…), UI/UX design (Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision…)
- Additional knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of Excel
- You have a strong portfolio of creative work including reports, brochures, infographics, websites, graphics, animations, presentations and other types of marketing collateral.
- You have the ability to organize complex workloads, project streams and priorities to deliver in a timely manner.
- You have the capacity to integrate and work with a diverse team.
- You have excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have the capacity to listen, suggest solutions and ideas during a creative brief, creatively address clients’ communications needs, develop coherent and original concepts and design solutions.
- You have full fluency in English (spoken and written).
- You speak German and/or French (at least conversational level).
As a Senior Graphic Designer here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Work closely with the Creative Director to create concepts, draft moodboards, prototypes, storyboards, wireframes and execute visuals that range from print design (reports, infographics…) to web solutions (UI) to videos and animations.
- Follow projects from concept to completion, but be able to step in and out at any time/phase when required by workload.
- Work in a complementary team with the Head of Communications and Engagement Solutions and the Sustainability Communications Leads from different branches (Lausanne, Zurich, Paris, Milan, US) and manage their feedback up to delivery.
- Understand and interpret scientific data in order to communicate to different audiences. Occasionally work directly with our data and scientific experts (Sustainability Consultants) in order to better correlate the selection of data you are working on to the message you are communicating.
- Occasionally work with/supervise external digital agencies, as well as freelance graphic designers, UX designers, video makers, and copywriters.
- Occasionally present work to clients at different stages with confidence and enthusiasm. Understand and moderate clients’ feedback and manage subsequent edits and changes to arrive at the final deliverable.
- Work within time and budget constraints.
- Keep track and efficiently organize all materials (docs, clients’ brand material, design files, feedback, etc…) on our shared drive.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Zurich
- Job type: Full-time contract (80% contract possible)
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with all Quantis branches (Lausanne, Zürich, Boston/Portland, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences, in English (or German/French)
- Ability to travel occasionally, primarily in Europe
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
Quantis is an equal opportunity employer in line with our mission of building a sustainable future. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability or sex.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
We kindly ask you to share your portfolio with us. For this you can choose one of the following options:
– Integrate it to your CV. Please note that the maximum size acceptable by our system is 12MB and the acceptable file types are .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .rtf.
– If you prefer or if the size of your portfolio+CV exceeds 12MB, you can provide a link to a website (please refer to the Questions section).
– If you still experience difficulties in sharing your portfolio with us, please indicate it in the Questions section and we can provide you with an e-mail address.