Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 200+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
You will lead the delivery of high-quality consulting services for our clients, with a focus on providing expert-level support and guidance on metric-related aspects of client projects and metric-based solutions to clients.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your project management, analytical and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated sustainability professional with 4-6 years of experience in project management, looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You have knowledge and experience with project management, as well as project leadership approaches and best practices.
- You have a good understanding of sustainability topics (sustainability data, biodiversity, water stress, Land Use Change, agricultural challenges…), services and client needs to be able to understand the underlying issues and support/guide internal efforts to find solutions.
- You have a combination of technical sustainability knowledge (such as in corporate impact footprinting) and strategic capabilities (such as materiality assessment and sustainability strategy development).
- You have a strong knowledge and experience with sustainability issues in the Food & Agriculture industry.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills (presentations, proposals) in English, Swiss-German/German and/or French.
- You’re skilled in analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics.
- You can generate valuable insights from analysis and communicate these insights clearly and compellingly.
- You have demonstrated high levels of teamwork, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and quality, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
- You’re able to guide a team to work efficiently, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality and a highly positive team energy and spirit.
- You’re resilient, perseverant and self-motivated.
As a project management focused Senior Sustainability Consultant here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Client project delivery:
- Manage various types of projects for clients (LCAs, corporate footprints, eco-design, climate strategies, …) in the project lead/project management role ensuring that quality standards, expectations and deadlines are met.
- Manage and lead project teams.
- Support/manage client interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Perform some sustainability analytical work.
- Develop or support development of deliverables.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis offices (Milan, Paris, Berlin, and Boston/Portland) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally, primarily in Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.