Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 130+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant in our Zurich branch, you will be managing science-based projects with our key clients as well as developing existing client relationships to work towards a sustainable future.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re an experienced, curious and resourceful sustainability consultant, looking for an opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts in the apparel/footwear sector.
- You’re motivated to put your consulting, project management, and business development skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future in the apparel/footwear sector.
- You have a thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services and market needs relevant to Quantis and know how to use the latest science and apply it to business operations and strategies.
- You have a proven track record of developing business opportunities and managing client relationships.
- You get excited about guiding global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance and collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations as well as to communicate credibly on their efforts.
- You have a proven capacity to develop insights and solutions adapted to clients’ specific needs and objectives, which can include developing sustainability strategies, facilitating fact-based decision-making, managing solutions projects, and guiding sustainability communications support.
- You know how to build relationships with teammates and clients and have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been managing sustainability-related projects in a consulting or industry context and have a deep understanding of the sustainability market dynamics in the apparel/footwear sector.
- You have a strong experience in managing complex projects, on a wide range of sustainability topics.
- You have performed studies, managed projects, interpreted results and communicated on a variety of sustainability topics.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and are able to manage complex analytical challenges and relationships.
- You are detail-oriented and strive to deliver quality.
- You have demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule in an organized manner. You know how to structure your own work and seek advice/support when needed from team members and you know how to prioritize between different projects at the same time in order to meet various deadlines.
- You are able and willing to work effectively with cross-functional/cultural profiles, both internally and externally.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or business. A Master’s degree would be a plus.
- You have excellent language skills in both English and German.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant, here’s a preview of the type of work your days will include:
- Client project delivery: Manage various types of projects (LCAs, corporate footprints, eco-design, climate strategies, …) in the apparel/footwear sector in the project lead/project management role ensuring that quality standards, expectations and deadlines are met.
- Support/manage client interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Perform some sustainability analytical work.
- Develop or support development of deliverables.
- Support the business development effort and key account management:
- Develop and manage existing client relationships in the apparel/footwear sector.
- Identify needs, develop and deliver internal and/or client-facing training on key sustainability topics.
- Lead client discussions and develop new project proposals providing custom insights and solutions to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Zurich, with flexibility for the location for the right candidate + situation
- Job type: Full-time contract (80% contract possible)
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Paris, Boston/Portland, Berlin, Milan) via web-conferences, in German or English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Europe
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions.