Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 170+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Senior Business Developer / Project Manager at Quantis Switzerland, you will build and develop client relationships in the German-Speaking part of Switzerland, and manage science-based projects to work towards a sustainable future.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You have a strong network of relevant contacts in the German-speaking part of Switzerland.
- You have a thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services and market needs relevant to Quantis and know how to use the latest science and apply it to business operations and strategies.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been managing sustainability-related projects and developing business in a consulting or industry context (food, apparel, or chemical industry is a plus).
- You have a proven track record of developing business opportunities and managing client relationships.
- You have a proven capacity to develop insights and solutions adapted to clients’ specific needs and objectives, which can include developing sustainability strategies, facilitating fact-based decision-making, managing solutions projects, and guiding sustainability communications.
- You are detail-oriented and strive to deliver quality.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule in an organized manner. You know how to structure your own work and seek advice/support when needed from team members and you know how to prioritize between different projects at the same time in order to meet various deadlines.
- You’re able and willing to work effectively with cross-functional/cultural profiles, both internally and externally.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or business. A Master’s degree would be a plus.
- You have excellent language skills in English, German and/or Swiss German is a strong asset.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Business development:
- Develop and manage client relationships in the Sustainability Sector, primarily in the German-speaking part of Switzerland.
- Identify needs, develop and deliver internal and/or client-facing training on key sustainability topics.
- Lead client discussions and develop new project proposals providing custom insights and solutions to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability.
- Client project delivery:
- Manage various types of projects (LCAs, corporate footprints, eco-design, climate strategies, …) in the project lead/project management role ensuring that quality standards, expectations and deadlines are met.
- Support/manage client interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Perform some sustainability analytical work.
- Develop or support development of deliverables.
- Business development:
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Zurich (preferably) or other Swiss locations
- Job type: Full-time contract
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis offices (Paris, Boston/Portland, Berlin, Milan) via web-conferences, in German or English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Europe
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.