Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics, challenges and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 100+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant in our Paris branch, you will manage science-based projects for our key clients to accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting, project management and analysis skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, curious, and organized sustainability consultant, a sharp scientific analyst looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You get excited about guiding global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance as well as to collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations and communicate credibly on their efforts.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been managing LCA or sustainability-related projects in a consulting or industry context. You have performed, managed, interpreted and communicated on assessment results and sustainability topics.
- You have a strong experience in managing complex projects, on a wide range of sustainability topics.
- You know how to prioritize between different projects at the same time in order to meet various deadlines.
- You have good experience with environmental footprinting using different tools.
- You have a Master’s degree in engineering, environmental science or similar discipline.
- You have strong general quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent French and English (written and oral).
- You have a thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services and market needs relevant to Quantis. In particular, you have a good understanding of the French regulatory and economic landscape.
- You have demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have high levels of teamwork, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and quality, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Client project delivery: Manage various missions (LCA, corporate footprints, eco-design, climate strategies,…) as project manager ensuring deliverable quality:
- Perform sustainability analytical work or project lead/project management role.
- Support/manage client interactions, such as project meetings and calls.
- Develop or support development of interim and final client deliverables.
- Support business development efforts and key account management: Work as business developer or key account manager on new project proposals or client discussions.
- Thought leadership: Develop and share Quantis thought leadership on sustainability topics; participate in relevant internal project management topics.
- Training: Identify needs, develop and deliver internal and/or client-facing training on key sustainability topics.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in GreenBiz interview with our CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Paris
- Job type: Full-time contract
- Optimal start date: Q3
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Zürich, Boston, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences, in French or English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Europe
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions.