Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics, challenges and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 100+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
We are hiring a Senior Sustainability Consultant with project management expertise to lead the delivery of client sustainability solutions and develop client relationships for our US West Coast office.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You have 5-7 years’ sustainability consulting or other sustainability experience showing a strong understanding of sustainability topics, services, and client needs relevant to Quantis.
- You have knowledge and experience with project management, as well as project leadership approaches and best practices.
- You have a combination of technical sustainability knowledge (such as in corporate impact footprinting) and strategic capabilities (such as materiality assessment and sustainability strategy development). Specific knowledge and experience with sustainability issues in the food & agriculture, apparel, cosmetics, and/or consumer electronics industries is helpful.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills (presentations, proposals).
- You’re strong in analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics.
- You have good skills in developing relationships with existing and new clients, internal team members, collaborators.
- You have leadership, coaching, mentoring skills.
- You are resilient, perseverant, and self-motivated.
- You are skilled in generating valuable insights from analysis, and in communicating these insights clearly and compellingly.
- You have the ability to guide a team to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality and a highly positive team energy and spirit.
- You are team-oriented and demonstrate a collaborative spirit.
- You have proven ability to network effectively.
As a project management focused Senior Consultant for our West Coast office, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Leading and providing project management of client projects in various Quantis service areas (approximately 50-60% of time).
- Developing and enhancing relationships with current and potential clients; developing new business opportunities with current and new clients (approximately 25-30% of time).
- Other needs identification and leadership activities (approximately 10-15% of time).
- Providing coaching, guidance, and mentoring to less experienced team members in areas of specific knowledge and experience.
- Supporting internal Quantis initiatives as agreed upon.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in GreenBiz interview with our CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: This position will be associated with our emerging US West Coast office; possible remote/work from home flexibility for right candidate / situation.
- Start date: Q2/Q3.
- Ability to travel, approximately 15% of work time for client or internal Quantis work, conferences, etc.
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions.