Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 190+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Senior Sustainability Strategist - Cosmetics/Personal Care at Quantis US, based out of our Boston or Portland offices, you will develop and implement winning sustainability strategies for our clients in the US and elsewhere, as well as contribute to the expansion of Quantis’ sustainability strategy solutions.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your strategy development, client relationship development and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced and motivated strategy consultant or in-house sustainability professional in the cosmetics/personal care sector looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: Developing and implementing sustainability strategies for our key clients in the cosmetics/personal care sector, leading account relationships with some of the world´s most influential companies, mentoring other team members on strategy skills, and helping to design the next generation of winning services and solutions.
- You have a deep understanding of business strategy and/or strategy consulting, complemented with strong expertise in the corporate sustainability space. You are motivated by the challenges of transforming the world’s largest companies into more sustainable businesses.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch. You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing. You’re experienced at and passionate about supporting the growth and development of your colleagues.
- You speak fluent English. (A little French, German or Italian would be a bonus!)
- For 10+ years, you’ve had significant exposure to and interest in corporate sustainability. You have a successful track record in building and deploying strategies for internal or external clients. You have the ability to anticipate client needs and proactively offer solutions to help the client along their sustainability journey.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a team finding new solutions using this expertise to change the world. You’re highly motivated by the challenges of guiding global companies on a sustainable change pathway, adapting your strategy expertise to new challenges and innovating new paths to success.
As a Senior Sustainability Strategist at Quantis in the US, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Client consulting sustainability strategy responsibilities:
- Leading and growing key stakeholder relationships, while accelerating the transformation of the clients toward sustainability.
- Leading the implementation of sustainability strategy projects, working with senior sustainability leaders to develop their sustainability strategies, managing their implementation and change pathway.
- Supporting the shaping and delivery of all Quantis solutions around the strategy, bringing in our expertise on science, metrics, tools, communications and more.
- Leading and/or collaborating with a team in your focus area and with Quantis globally; providing mentorship and developmental support to other team members.
- Collaborating with our other Quantis team members to strengthen our delivery of strategy-related services.
- Supporting efforts within Quantis’ innovation activities to develop a new generation of smart sustainability strategy solutions.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Boston, MA or Portland, OR
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (France, Switzerland, Germany and Italy) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel, primarily in the US
- Please note that we are looking for additional Senior Sustainability Strategists in other sectors
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating, that, in combination with our paid time off and other benefits, provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.