Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 190+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. These talents are eager to learn and develop their skills, so this role provides an opportunity to make a direct impact on our people and our planet. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Software Engineer at Quantis, you will help bridge the gap between data and environmental issues. Your software engineering expertise will support Quantis’ mission to guide top organizations to define, shape, and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your software craftsmanship skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re a developer looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts to translate their insights and expertise into powerful digital tools.
- You’re convinced that Agile methodologies and Clean code practices are essential to build useful and maintainable software.
- You’re excited about software design, architecture and technologies. You have a curious mind and enjoy a good problem to solve.
- You have a strong knowledge of common programming languages (Java, Python), you are familiar with relational databases and with web technologies (Angular Typescript, HTML 5, CSS)
- Experience with docker, terraform and major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) would be a plus
- For 1+ year you have been sharpening your software design skills and have contributed to software running in production.
- You communicate in fluent French and professional English.
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
As a Software Engineer, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Develop SaaS solutions for sustainability with a focus on code quality
- Develop state of the art Life Cycle Analysis models in collaboration with Quantis consultant
- Participate in software architecture design
- Automate deployment processes in the cloud
Other responsibilities could include
- Leading the software development projects
- Managing client relations
- Gather specification (scoping) to establish product backlogs and write user stories
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis offices (Milan, Paris, Berlin, and Boston/Portland) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally, primarily in Europe
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.