Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 200+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Sustainability Consultant - junior Business Developer in Switzerland, you will be responsible to support senior business developers and develop new or expand current client relationships, effectively sell Quantis sustainability consulting services, and deliver high-quality environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your commercial skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, curious, and motivated business development professional looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: acquiring new accounts, effectively selling Quantis sustainability consulting services and delivering environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- You speak fluent French or German and English.
- For at least 2 years, you’ve been sharpening your business development and consulting skills.
- You’ve got a successful track record in building and deploying account acquisition plans and growing sales, ideally in a similar top private sector consultancy/professional services firm in sustainability. Experience in food, consumer goods and packaging industries will be a plus.
- You have a degree in business, marketing, environment, or similar discipline.
- You have some knowledge of the main sustainability frameworks used by Quantis: Life Cycle Assessment, GHG Protocol, Science Based Targets, CDP, Water Footprinting, etc.
As a Business Developer, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include
Business Development core responsibilities
- Support the business development team developing and efficiently converting leads into clients by building new relationships and accounts
- Support the business development team developing and successfully implementing business development and account acquisition plans
- Help growing sales with new and existing clients
- Providing custom insights to guide clients in their understanding and implementation of environmental sustainability
- Analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics
Other core responsibilities could include
- Leading and managing client relationships to deliver outstanding-quality services to clients
- Contribute to conduct sustainability-related assessments, such as corporate and product footprinting
- Supporting internal Quantis projects relevant to areas of experience and/or interest
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis offices (Milan, Paris, Berlin, and Boston/Portland) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally, primarily in Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.