Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 200+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a Sustainability Consultant at Quantis you will deliver high quality metrics-based consulting services to our clients.
Does this describe you and your next role?
Consultant style of work and experience
- You are a well organized person who can prioritize tasks well, especially when under time pressure
- You have the ability and affinity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule
- You are motivated to put your consulting and analysis skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future
- You have demonstrated high levels of determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills
- You can step up in front of an audience and present clearly even complex topics
Mandatory skills and experience
- Master’s degree or a PhD in environmental engineering, science or similar discipline
- Fluent in English, German and/or French
- You already have a first professional experience, preferably in consulting industry and/or academic context, performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics
- Knowledge of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Understanding of other sustainability metrics, tools and frameworks, such as GHG Protocol, Science-Based Targets, UN SDG, …
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with one of the LCA software tools, e.g. SimaPro, GaBi, OpenLCA, etc.
- Strong general quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to collect, process, manage and interpret data in a form understandable to audience with various levels of knowledge on sustainability
- Thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services, market needs relevant to Quantis
Cherry on the cake
- Scientific programing: knowledge of Python, Matlab, ArcGIS and willingness to keep developing skills in this area
- Experience with sustainability issues in the food sector (agriculture, food production, etc.) and/or textiles sectors (production and processing of fibers and textiles), and/or Chemicals/Pharmaceuticals sectors
- Knowledge of non-environmental sustainability topics (social and governance)
As a Sustainability Consultant, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include
- Technical execution of tasks in clients’ projects:
- Working on projects in the Swiss and Northern Europe markets as well as on projects from all over the world in collaboration with Quantisians from other offices (Berlin, Boston, Portland, Milan, Paris)
- Executing tasks within Sustainability Strategy projects
- Performing product LCAs of various products and systems including complex novel technologies
- Calculating Corporate Carbon Footprint, including advanced Scope3 models
- Data collection from the client, its processing and management
- Creation of user-friendly MS Excel tools with models in the background of various complexity
- Writing of reports and creation of presentations of results in clear and easily understandable manner
- Supporting/managing clients’ interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Take an active role in the management of the projects
- Contribute to the Innovation HUB and internal projects:
- Actively contributing to various emerging sustainability topics growing within our Innovation HUB – help the science to become offering for our clients!
- Provide helping hand in day-to-day operations of the company; operations, knowledge management, talent projects, supporting the vision and mission, etc.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis offices (Milan, Paris, Berlin, and Boston/Portland) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally, primarily in Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.