Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 230+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
Quantis seeks a German-speaking communications professional (10+ years of experience) to develop and implement credible and engaging communications around sustainability, which could include developing environmental brand claims, crafting communications strategies, writing ESG reports, and more. You will build strong client relationships and support new business development in German-speaking Switzerland and with new and existing clients across Europe.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- For the past 10-12 years, you’ve been sharpening your branding and communications skills in a top private sector company, consultancy or agency.
- You’ve got a successful track record in helping B2C and B2B companies develop brand or corporate communications strategies, PR, media or social media campaigns and materials
- You have a demonstrated a professional interest in ESG-related topics and communications and have proven knowledge of environmental sustainability issues and concepts (LCA, circularity, carbon footprint, climate change, etc.).
- You’re motivated to put your strategic communications consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You have consulting experience and strong client-facing skills, with the ability to understand client needs. You have worked with corporate senior executives and are at ease with challenging discussions. You are self-confident, able to both listen and be assertive when needed to advise demanding C-suite clients.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: acquiring new accounts, effectively selling and delivering sustainability communications and engagement programs.
- Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch.
- You are able to craft compelling storylines and write content for a variety of audiences.
- You have a strong aesthetic sense and ability to guide designers.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, autonomously and on schedule, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Marketing, Communications/PR, Advertising, Journalism, Anthropology, Sociology, Politics, or a related field.
- You speak and write fluent English and German; Swiss German speaking is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Retail, Fashion sectors would be a bonus
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant, Strategic Communications & Engagement Solutions, here’s a preview of what your days will include:
- Build a solid rapport with clients, guiding them with a consultant posture from crafting the brief to developing excellent communications deliverables.
- Lead client-facing strategic communications projects, working closely with other Quantis sustainability consultants.
- Manage client projects from kick-off through gathering strategic insights, building strategies all the way to assets building.
- Write engaging stories that translate environmental metrics into relevant communication assets across digital/print media, including: infographics, brochures, presentations, reports, videos, etc.
- Work closely with designers on design-based projects.
- Ensure overall quality, style and consistency of communications projects, on-time and on-budget.
- Develop new business for German-speaking Switzerland as a priority and Europe more generally, working alongside sustainability consultants to craft compelling proposals, sell-in projects.
- Work closely with the Swiss Branch Communication & Engagement Solutions Lead and Team to develop new business and manage projects.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis offices (Milan, Paris, Berlin, and Boston/Portland) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally, primarily in Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.