Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 200+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As a member of our Footprinting team in the US, you will support the delivery of client sustainability solutions with your strong analytical skills.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your analytical and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You have 2-4 years’ sustainability consulting or other sustainability experience showing a strong understanding of sustainability topics, services, and client needs relevant to Quantis.
- You have strong analytical skills and affinity for performing technical analysis, modeling, and data management.
- You’re able to support the generation of valuable insights from analysis, and in preparing clear and compelling reports and presentations of results. Ability to support communication of results to clients.
- You’re able to apply analytical skills to quantitative and technical analyses such as life cycle assessment (LCA), corporate and/or product footprinting (carbon, water, other), and climate impact reduction scenario modeling, as well as qualitative analyses such as materiality assessments. Specific knowledge and experience with sustainability issues in the food & agriculture, apparel, cosmetics, and/or consumer electronics industries is helpful.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or another relevant field. Master’s degree in similar sustainability topics preferred.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re collaborative and have a team-oriented spirit.
- You have strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills and self-motivation.
As a Sustainability Consultant, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Conducting a variety of quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the development of client sustainability solutions. Examples of the types of work will include:
- Quantitative analyses such as life cycle assessment (LCA); corporate and/or product footprinting (carbon, water, other); climate impact reduction scenario modeling; and others
- Qualitative analyses such as materiality assessments
- Collaborating with the project team to develop customized solutions to address clients’ sustainability-related challenges.
- Supporting client interactions to advance projects and to generate and communicate solutions.
- Preparing clear and compelling reports and presentations of analyses, results, insights and recommendations, to support the project team’s communication to clients.
- Supporting the project team in helping the clients in their understanding and implementation of solutions.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Boston, MA or Portland, OR
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Ability to travel, approximately 15% of work time for client or internal Quantis work.
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating, that, in combination with our paid time off and other benefits, provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.