Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics, challenges and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 100+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
We are hiring a Sustainability Consultant with strong analytical skills to support the delivery of client sustainability solutions for our US West Coast office.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and analysis skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You get excited about guiding global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance and collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations as well as to communicate credibly on their efforts.
- You have 2-4 years’ sustainability consulting or other sustainability experience and a strong understanding of sustainability topics, services, and client needs relevant to Quantis.
- You have strong analytical skills and affinity for performing technical analysis, modeling and data management.
- You are able to apply analytical skills to quantitative and technical analyses such as life cycle assessment (LCA), corporate and/or product footprinting (carbon, water, other), and climate impact reduction scenario modeling, as well as to qualitative analyses such as materiality assessments.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or in a similar field. Master’s degree in similar sustainability topics would be a plus.
- You have specific knowledge of and experience with sustainability issues, especially in the food and agriculture, apparel, cosmetics and/or consumer electronics industries.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to support the generation of valuable insights from analysis, prepare clear and compelling reports and present results.
- You are able to support communication of results to clients.
- You are collaborative and have team-oriented spirit.
- You have strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills and self-motivation.
As a Sustainability Consultant for our West Coast office, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Conducting a variety of quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the development of client sustainability solutions. For instance, you will run quantitative analyses such as life cycle assessment (LCA), corporate and/or product footprinting (carbon, water, other), climate impact reduction scenario modeling, as well as qualitative analyses such as materiality assessments and others.
- Collaborating with the project team to develop customized solutions to address clients’ sustainability-related challenges.
- Supporting client interactions to advance project, and to generate and communicate solutions.
- Preparing clear and compelling reports and presentations of analyses, results, insights and recommendations, to support the project team’s communication to clients.
- Supporting the project team in helping the clients in their understanding and implementation of solutions.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in GreenBiz interview with our CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: This position will be associated with our emerging US West Coast office; possible remote/work from home flexibility for right candidate / situation.
- Start date: Q2/Q3.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of work time for client or internal Quantis work, conferences, etc.
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions.