Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 230+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
We're seeking a strategic marketing communications professional to communicate our clients’ sustainability and climate strategies and to collaborate with changemakers. You will create credible and engaging sustainability communications including corporate strategies and frameworks, stakeholder analysis and engagement, materiality assessments and ESG reports, interactive communications and sustainability-focused marketing materials.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and communications skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You have 3-7 years relevant experience working on strategic marketing communications projects and have a passion for climate-related and sustainability topics.
- You can understand client needs and nuances and are solutions oriented.
- You enjoy developing unique brand positioning, writing compelling copy and narratives as well as distilling complex topics into engaging materials.
- You are completely fluent in German and English.
- You have studied and/or demonstrated a professional interest in sustainability-related topics and communications. (Experience with ESG reporting frameworks and ratings/rankings is a plus.)
- You’re able to guide a creative team, ensuring alignment between creative brief and output, and managing project budget and timing.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability Management and/or Marketing, Communications/PR, Journalism, Advertising, Anthropology, Sociology, Literature, or a related field.
- You are a quick learner and an action-oriented team player who works efficiently and independently.
- You are organized and able to structure your time with multiple projects and tasks.
- You share information and communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- You are self-confident, entrepreneurial-minded. You don’t hesitate to reach out for help and support when needed.
As a Consultant, Sustainability Communications + Engagement Solutions in Germany, here’s a preview of the types of work your days will include:
- Review client communications and sustainability materials, compare these to the peer benchmarking you have just completed which you will use to inform the client’s sustainability framework and/or ESG report
- Work with our metrics and climate strategy team members to interpret the science and craft compelling communications and claims (no greenwashing allowed!)
- Research and draft original content for presentations, reports, and other communications
- Manage and maintain project timelines and positive client relationships
- Attend global meetings to exchange best practices and learn from your team members
- Work closely with the strategic communications consultants based in Germany to deliver solutions to our German-speaking clients in the DACH region and globally
- Support our marketing activities by building case studies & collecting materials for thought leadership pieces
- Support client meetings and workshop organization – taking notes, drafting meeting notes and workshop summaries, preparing materials, etc.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as a team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Berlin or Remote in Germany (no relocation support)
- Optimal start date: January 2022
- Cross-time-zone collaboration with other Quantis branches (Paris, Lausanne, Zurich, Milan, Boston) via web-conferences
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.