Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. Our vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. Together, we form a dynamic team of 200+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
We’re hiring Sustainability Consultants/Senior Sustainability Consultants for Quantis France who will bring in strong project management skills/expertise to lead the delivery of client sustainability solutions and develop client relationships.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your project management and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You have 1-10 years’ sustainability consulting or other sustainability experience showing a strong understanding of sustainability topics, services, and client needs relevant to Quantis. Please note that we are looking for several consultants with varying degrees of experience.
- You have knowledge and experience with project management, as well as project leadership approaches and best practices.
- You have an understanding of technical sustainability approaches (LCA / product footprinting, corporate footprinting…) and/or strategic capabilities (materiality assessment, sustainability strategy development…). Specific knowledge and experience with sustainability issues in the food & agriculture, apparel, cosmetics & personal care, sustainable finance and ICT is helpful.
- You preferably have a degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or a business degree, and/or a project management certification.
- You’re fluent both in French and English and can deliver your projects in both languages.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills (presentations, proposals).
- You’re skilled in analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics.
- You have strong skills in developing relationships with existing and new clients, internal team members, collaborators. Leadership, coaching and mentoring skills will be a plus.
- You’re resilient, perseverant and self-motivated.
- You can generate valuable insights from analysis and communicate these insights clearly and compellingly.
- You’re able to guide a project team to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality and a highly positive team energy and spirit.
- You’re team-oriented and demonstrate a collaborative spirit.
- You have proven ability to network effectively.
As a project management focused Sustainability Consultant / Senior Sustainability Consultant, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Client-facing project management, based on pre-agreed proposals, your role is to lead the execution of the project until its completion, including :
- Definition and respect of project’s scope
- Project planning
- Workplan and workload distribution
- Project meetings animation
- Budget & timeline monitoring
- Team support and coordination
- Communication with client
- Quality check of deliverables
- As a key contact with the client, your role is to support the business development effort and key account management as projects trigger new opportunities.
- Thought leadership : developing and sharing Quantis thought leadership on sustainability; participating in relevant internal project management topics (expected from Senior Consultants)
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Paris, France
- Job type: full-time contract
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible but also throughout Q4 2021 – Q1/Q2 2022 depending on needs & availability
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis offices (Boston, Portland, Lausanne, Zurich, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in France, and at times Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.