Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis’ vision is to reinvent businesses to create a thriving future for people and the planet. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of “creative geeks” that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations.
The mission of the Operations Manager is to support Quantisians to use their full potential to achieve this vision in the best working environment.
We want to be able to facilitate the work of consultants, providing them with the tools to do the work in autonomy and in collaboration with other consultants in the different branches while ensuring work-life balance. Fluidity, collaboration and autonomy are strong elements of the way we work. With offices in Lausanne, Boston, Portland, Paris, Zurich, Milan and Berlin, Quantis consists of a dynamic team of 150+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering.
Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
Quantis is growing rapidly in Switzerland, currently employing 60 people in Lausanne and Zurich. To ensure that our operations are optimised we are looking for an Operations Manager with deep understanding of teams consisting of people with varied cultural, educational & professional backgrounds.
Operations at Quantis
At the crossing point between all support areas, the Operations functions are here to ensure that the branch’s team is successful and fulfills its mission in the best conditions possible. Operations at Quantis are responsible for:
- Projects staffing
- Ensuring efficient and healthy distribution of workload based on skills, competencies, aspirations, availability and work-life balance
- Ensuring Quantisians have all the tools and support necessary to manage their workload
- Contributing to the assessment of hiring needs at the branch level
In addition, Operations act as a provider of objective data and business-driven KPI on workload management, project staffing, project financial KPIs.
Operations ensure continuous improvement and adaptation of existing processes and tools to our evolving team and branch, act as a facilitator between support areas and branches, ensuring they have the data, qualitative information, resources, skills and competencies they need.
Finally, Operations act as coordinator among branches, facilitating the communication of key information on how to harmonize the way we work and anticipate any upcoming activity that needs cooperation across branches & teams.
Does this describe you and your next role?
Quantis being a modern company experiencing a rapid growth, the optimisation of our operations require your skills as an Operations professional if:
- You have an outstanding track record of managing the operations of a growing consultancy company, ideally with 5+ years of relevant experience in a scientific/technical field.
- You have a passion for organising, finding solutions and helping your company perform in the best way possible.
- You’re a team player who works quickly, independently and on schedule with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You are an excellent communicator and at ease with change management topics, able to embark team members.
- You are flexible, happy to adapt and support the evolution of your teammates and your branch.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business management, project management or another related field.
- You speak fluent English. French and/or German would be a plus.
- You have a good knowledge of and interest in sustainability issues.
As our Switzerland Operations Manager, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Having a basic overview of all projects running in the branch. Their size, importance and status.
- Monitoring the future (planning) and past (hours reporting) of all resources and their effective use.
- Collaborating closely with the Branch Managing Director (MD), Business Development Lead, Sector & Service Leads and Talent Lead on all aspects of the workload and operations efficiency, as well as recruitment needs.
- Interacting and coordinating with the other Quantis Branches to support overall collaboration and support across teams.
- Keeping the tools for operations management up and running over time and team evolution (e.g. planning & workload files, time and holidays tracking) and ensuring the team keeps them updated on a regular basis.
- Staffing and monitoring the workload of people; ensure a fair, balanced & relevant distribution of work/projects based on billable profile capacity, skills, experience and needs within the branch or outside of the branch; flag overloaded and underloaded consultants and find solutions.
- Analysing time spent, track overtime accumulated and remaining holidays. Find solutions with the team members when needed, in alignment with Talent and Branch MD.
- Onboarding of new team members: in collaboration with the Branch Talent Lead and Hiring Lead, ensure that processes, information and key data are shared with the newcomers.
- Monitoring projects profitability and work with project teams in identifying areas of improvement that project teams, Knowledge Management, Learning & Development, or Business Development teams can further support.
- Working closely with other branch Operations Managers to establish best practices related to operations and project management all over Quantis and ensure together with the Talent & Knowledge Management teams that these practices are spread among all the consultants.
- Continuously improving and adapting our tools and Key Performance Indicators to be serving the team and not the contrary: keeping in mind that “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler”
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich
- Job type: Permanent contract (80% or 100%)
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible, if possible no later than January 2021
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Paris, Boston, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences, in French or English. German is a plus.
- Ability to travel, primarily in Europe
- Willingness to regularly spend time (2-3 days per month) in the other office than the primary location (Lausanne or Zurich)
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.