Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 130+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. These talents are eager to learn and develop their skills, so this role provides an opportunity to make a direct impact on our people and our planet. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
We are seeking an experienced US Lead, Sustainability Communications Solutions with business development skills to lead and grow our communications offering in the US, helping our clients create credible and engaging sustainability communications, from strategies to reports, internal engagement programs to marketing materials.
As the US Lead, Sustainability Communications Solutions, you will help our clients to develop credible and engaging communications around sustainability, which could include developing environmental brand claims, crafting communications strategies, writing sustainability reports, leading internal engagement campaigns, developing credible marketing materials, and more. You will also develop new business opportunities for communications and engagement projects with new and existing clients in the US.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your strategic communications consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated brand strategy or corporate communications expert looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: acquiring new accounts, effectively selling and delivering sustainability communications and engagement solutions to our clients in the US.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule, managing multiple projects simultaneously. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch. You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- For 10+ years, you’ve been sharpening your branding and communications skills. You’ve got a successful track record in helping companies develop brand or corporate communications strategies, campaigns and materials in a top private sector consultancy/agency.
- You have consulting experience and strong client-facing skills, with the ability to understand client needs and actively propose and successfully sell-in appropriate solutions.
- You bring knowledge/experience working with communications, PR, media, and social media across print, web and experiential platforms. You have a strong aesthetic sense and ability to guide designers.
- You have sustainability communications and/or sustainability reporting experience, with knowledge of environmental sustainability issues and concepts (LCA, circularity, etc.).
- You are able to craft compelling storylines and write content for a variety of audiences.
- You have a degree in Marketing, Mass Communications/PR, Advertising, Journalism, Anthropology, Sociology, or a related field.
- You speak fluent English. (Speaking additional languages would be a bonus!)
As the US Lead, Sustainability Communications Solutions here’s a preview of the types of work your days will include:
- Develop a solid rapport with clients, guiding them with a consultant posture from crafting the creative brief to developing excellent communications deliverables.
- Lead client-facing strategic communications projects, working closely with Quantis sustainability consultants.
- Develop new business, working alongside sustainability consultants to craft compelling proposals, sell-in projects and manage client relationships.
- Manage client projects from kick-off through completion, including managing all rounds of edits and revisions, understanding and translating client needs for designers and writers.
- Write engaging stories that translate metrics into relevant communications across digital/print media, including: infographics, brochures, presentations, reports, videos, etc.
- Work closely with the Global Lead of Communications & Engagement Solutions to help develop and contribute to our strategic communications offering.
- Work closely with the Creative Director on design-based projects.
- Ensure overall quality, style and consistency of communications projects, on-time and on-budget.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as a team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Portland, OR or Boston, MA
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Paris, Berlin, Zurich, and Milan) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally, mainly within the US
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.